Honeymoon, Babymoon, Anniversaries – oh my!
You have your venue picked out, you said yes to the dress, and yes to the partner of your dreams. Now that you have gotten the essentials finalized, it is time to discuss your honeymoon! A honeymoon is a breath of fresh air after the whirlwind of wedding planning and is an incredible way to start your marriage off on the right foot by prioritizing time together.
Questions to discuss with your partner:
- Do we want to travel somewhere within driving distance or are we open to flying?
- If open to flying, do we want to stay within our country or are we open to international travel?
- If we were to describe the ambience we wanted for our honeymoon, what words would come to mind? What locations align with that vision?
- Is your ideal location a well-populated area with many attractions and restaurants or something more quaint and remote?
- Try filling in the blanks to clarify non-negotiables for you and your partner: In order for our honeymoon to be an enjoyable experience, we must have _____________, be able to eat ___________________, enjoy ___________________ attractions and have ____________________________ lodging accommodations.
Whether this is your first baby or one of multiple, I highly recommend taking the time to have a babymoon before your bundle of joy arrives! While babymoons can be taken at any point in pregnancy, my advice would be to take a babymoon after the first trimester, after morning sickness has passed but before you are uncomfortable while traveling longer distances.
When considering logistics for a babymoon, consider the following questions:
- In the case of an emergency, where is the nearest hospital and do they take my insurance?
- What climate and clothing are my body most comfortable in at this point?
- What activities do I have the energy for currently?
- What foods fuel my body and is enjoyable to eat currently?
- What lodging accommodations would be most comfortable for me?
Some questions to consider:
- What locations and experiences have been special throughout our relationship?
- What is my partner’s love language?
- What special touches can I include throughout the trip? (Ex: choosing a restaurant that offers a complimentary dessert or beverage at dinner goes a long way)
Our lives are sprinkled with significant celebrations such as the day of your wedding, the celebration of your anniversary, and the anticipation of bringing a new life into the world! Even the best intentions of taking a thoughtfully planned trip can be brushed to the side because of other commitments, financial concerns, or an unexpected change in circumstance. By utilizing my travel designing services, you take the pressure off yourself to meticulously plan the details and can focus on the celebration at hand. I am thrilled at the potential of making your honeymoon, babymoon, and/or anniversary the most magical experience you have had yet while traveling!
Guest Blogger: Eden Wilbanks
My passion for travel began as a little girl when I was able to be enveloped in the culture of India and traverse through the landscape of Thailand. Since then, I have been to multiple destinations in the United States!